Saturday, April 24, 2010

What are the naming guidelines with the ARBA?

If you register a dog with the American Rare Breed Assocation, are you forced to incorporate the name of the breeder who sold you the dog? Like if they were named "Jupiter's Dog Factory", and you wanted to name the dog Spot, would you have to name it "Jupiter's Spot", or something like that?

What are the naming guidelines with the ARBA?
I have never heard of the registry so don't know what requirements there would be for naming one, but I would think you would be able to name it what you want. I know with some AKC dogs, the owner will stipulate that all their pups must carry part of their name.
Reply:With AKC you don't have to (and you actually have to have permission of the kennel owner if they are an AKC recognized kennel), but I am not sure with ARBA. I would contact ARBA (link provided) and ask them, or you could also try the breeder.


1 comment: